TheBelieversLoveTheWord: FAITH MAKES IT POSSIBLE - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Thursday 15 May 2014

FAITH MAKES IT POSSIBLE - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME



FAITH MAKES IT POSSIBLE, WEDNESDAY, MAY 14TH, 2014
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).
One time, the disciples of Jesus tried unsuccessfully to cast a devil out of a young boy. When the Master showed up, He cast out the demon and the boy was cured. Of course, the disciples were stunned because Jesus didn’t do anything they weren't familiar with. They tried everything they had seen Him do, yet the devil didn't come out. Troubled, they came to Him privately afterwards, and asked, “Master, why couldn't we cast the devil out?” (Mark 9:28).
The Lord’s answer was very simple; quite unequivocally, He said, “Because of your unbelief…” (Matthew 17:20). Even today, many still ask similar questions. “Lord, I prayed the way you asked me to pray. I did every thing you asked me to do. Why couldn't I heal the child? Why did I lose the pregnancy? Why did the man die?” The Lord has the same answer for you: it’s because of your unbelief. The disciples must have thought they had faith, otherwise they wouldn't have tried to cast out the demon, but Jesus made it clear they operated in unbelief, not faith.
Some Christians today will argue with you if you told them they were walking in unbelief, and not faith. The proof that they were walking in unbelief instead of faith is that their faith didn’t work, for faith always works! The mere fact that you were asking, “Why didn’t I get the job?” or “Why didn’t I receive the money?” shows you were unbelieving. Faith doesn’t recognize or accept impossibilities. Faith doesn’t ask “Why didn’t I get it?” because faith already got it! The Lord Jesus said, “…for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20).
Never accept what some people have said about faith, that faith works sometimes, and doesn’t work some other times. Faith always works! 1 Corinthians 13:13 says, “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three….” Meaning that these three are not unstable, they don't fail; they produce results all the time.
PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the entrance of your Word into my spirit, causing my faith to increase and produce greater results. Your Word prevails in me today, and I experience its power and dominion in all my affairs, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
FURTHER STUDY
Hebrews 11:6
Living Bible (TLB)
6 You can never please God without faith, without depending on him. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely look for him.
Romans 10:17
Living Bible (TLB)
17 Yet faith comes from listening to this Good News—the Good News about Christ.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:60-71 1 Kings 12-14
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 9:1-10 Proverbs 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER FOR YOUR COPY NOW!