TheBelieversLoveTheWord: THE DEMONSTRATION OF POWER - PASTOR ANITA OYAKHILOME

Thursday 15 May 2014

THE DEMONSTRATION OF POWER - PASTOR ANITA OYAKHILOME

























THE DEMONSTRATION OF POWER, THURSDAY, MAY 15TH, 2014
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power (1 Corinthians 2:4).
The tremendous miracles, signs, and wonders performed by Jesus and the apostles weren't chronicled in the Bible for us just so we could read and be duly informed of what they did. They're to inspire us and to know we can do the same in our day through the power of the same Spirit .
Some Christians only read their Bibles, teach, preach, sing, pray, without more. Doubtless, Christianity transcends all that. You've got to have the manifestation of power in your life! The Bible says the Kingdom of God is not in words only, but in power also (1 Corinthians 4:20). Paul said, “I didn't come with words of man's wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power; that your faith shouldn't stand in the wisdom of men but in the power of God” (1 Corinthians 2:4-5).
As you get more acquainted with the Spirit through fellowship, His power will be awesomely manifested in your life. Often, before I minister, I wait for the anointing of the Spirit to come on me. When it does, I know that something has happened. Sometimes, when I'm praying, I can tell it's not just me moving, but the power of the Holy Ghost moving me. I can tell He wants to lay hands through me and do mighty things through me.
The question is: How much do you want the power of the Spirit to be demonstrated in your life? It's about your hunger for Him; your passion for the anointing to be manifested in your life! Remember, He’s Boss, so we don’t shake Him up to get Him to do things. Instead, we prepare for Him. The Bible says if you’re a vessel that's prepared, you'll be ready and fit for the Master’s use (2 Timothy 2:21); He'll continually demonstrate His power: His righteousness, grace and love through you!
PRAYER
Dear Holy Spirit, I recognize your presence and authority in my life; thank you for making me an able minister of the Gospel—a dispenser of eternal verities—in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power! Thank you for making me sufficient in your sufficiency to preach the unsearchable riches, graces, and wisdom of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
FURTHER STUDY
Matthew 28:18-19
Living Bible (TLB)
18 He told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and earth. 19 Therefore go and make disciples in all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Acts 14:8-11
Living Bible (TLB)
8 While they were at Lystra, they came upon a man with crippled feet who had been that way from birth, so he had never walked. 9 He was listening as Paul preached, and Paul noticed him and realized he had faith to be healed. 10 So Paul called to him, “Stand up!” and the man leaped to his feet and started walking!
11 When the listening crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted (in their local dialect, of course), “These men are gods in human bodies!”
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:1-24 1 Kings 15-17
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 9:11-19 Proverbs 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER FOR YOUR COPY NOW!