TheBelieversLoveTheWord: A NEW LIFE OF GLORY AND EXCELLENCE - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Monday 28 April 2014

A NEW LIFE OF GLORY AND EXCELLENCE - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

























A NEW LIFE OF GLORY AND EXCELLENCE *RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL* SUNDAY, APRIL 27TH, 2014
PASTOR CHRIS
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee (Psalm 2:7).
1 Peter 2:9 says, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” A literal reading of this verse would give an impression of the new creation as one who was called out of darkness into God’s marvelous light, meaning he had a past of darkness. This, however, isn’t true as the new creation in Christ Jesus never existed before, and therefore has no past.
The idea of the new creation having a past is mostly common amongst Christians, who look at it from the standpoint of “Once, I was a sinner, and now I’m a saint; once I was under the power of Satan, but now I’m free to serve God.” However, as you grow in the knowledge of the Word of God, you’ll discover that when you were born again, you weren’t taken from the hands of Satan and put in the hands of God; you’re actually a new creation. You’re not the man that was in the darkness; that man actually died with Christ. You were born into His marvellous light.
Observe our opening verse closely. Notice it didn’t say, “Thou art my son; this day have I raised thee back to life” no! It says, “Thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee,” meaning, “…this day I have given birth to you.” It wasn’t a continuation of the old life. When Jesus died, He died in the spirit, that’s why He’s called the first begotten from the dead (Revelation 1:5), not the first to be raised from the dead.
The Apostle Paul declared in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “…if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature.” Being born again, you’re a new creation; a new species—recreated in Christ Jesus and brought into a newness of life: “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). No wonder the Bible says in Colossians 3:10, “…put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him.”
The life in you transcends this earthly realm; it’s the life of Christ—life beyond this world—a new life of success, glory and excellence. Walk in this consciousness today.
CONFESSION
I'm a new creation. I’ve put off the old man with his deeds and I’ve put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge after the image of God. Therefore, my life is one of success, glory, and excellence. Thank you for enlightening my spirit to know and live in the immeasurable and unlimited greatness of your power in me!
FURTHER STUDY
Colossians 3:10
Living Bible (TLB)
10 You are living a brand new kind of life that is continually learning more and more of what is right, and trying constantly to be more and more like Christ who created this new life within you.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:39-65 1 Samuel 29-31
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 16:12-27 Psalm 135-136

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER FOR YOUR COPY NOW!