TheBelieversLoveTheWord: PRAYING IN THE AUTHORITY OF HIS NAME - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

Wednesday 23 April 2014

PRAYING IN THE AUTHORITY OF HIS NAME - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME



PRAYING IN THE AUTHORITY OF HIS NAME *PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME* THURSDAY, APRIL 17TH, 2014
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him (Colossians 3:17).
There are three important factors about prayer that we’ll study in the next three days. The first is praying in the authority of the Name of Jesus. As Christians, when we pray, we do so in the Name of Jesus; which means we’re standing in His stead. Jesus gave us the power of attorney to use His Name, in prayer.
There’re those who pray “through” the Name of Jesus, and that’s wrong. To pray “through” Jesus is to make Him a medium or an intermediary to the Father. However, to pray “in the Name of Jesus,” which is the right way to pray, means you’re standing in the place of Jesus; you’ve become His voice! So, in praying to the Father, do so in the Name of Jesus.
In John 16:23, Jesus said, “…Verily, verily, I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” Notice that Jesus didn’t say, “whatsoever ye shall ask the Father through my name, he will give it you.” Before you were born again, the Name of Jesus was given to you so you could come through that Name to the Father and be saved.
Now, having accepted His invitation and come to the Father at the new birth through Christ, you now have eternal life; the life and nature of God. You now dwell in Him, and live by the power of His Name. Philippians 2:9 says, “…God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name.” His Name is the greatest Name in heaven, and in earth. God has vested all authority in that Name.Whatever you ask the Father, in the authority of the Name of Jesus, will be granted you.
The Lord Jesus has delegated His authority to you; the same authority He had on earth to request anything of the Father and have it granted.
PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for vesting all authority in the Name of Jesus, and for granting me the privilege of praying in His Name and effecting changes in the circumstances of life. I declare that my life is glorious, and your perfect will is fulfilled in me today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
FURTHER STUDY
John 16:23-27
Living Bible (TLB)
23 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything, for you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will give you what you ask for because you use my name. 24 You haven’t tried this before, but begin now. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and your cup of joy will overflow.
25 “I have spoken of these matters very guardedly, but the time will come when this will not be necessary and I will tell you plainly all about the Father. 26 Then you will present your petitions over my signature! And I won’t need to ask the Father to grant you these requests, 27 for the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from the Father.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 16 1 Samuel 1-2
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:25-36 Psalm 119:129-144

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER FOR YOUR COPY NOW!