TheBelieversLoveTheWord

Monday 24 June 2013



RHAPSODY OF REALITIES.
Jesus Fulfilled His Ministry · Sunday, June 23rd ·

Pastor Chris

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God (Hebrews 10:7).

The Apostle John beautifully captures for us some of the closing remarks of Jesus, especially some of His prayers as He rounded off His ministry on earth. In one of such instances He prayed, "…Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him" (John 17:1-2). This is extraordinary.

The Father gave Jesus power over all flesh; that means everything that has breath is subject to Jesus. In addition, He was given the power to give eternal life at His choice. He’s the only one given the right to give life; not just ordinary life, but the God-life. This shows that He wasn’t a mere religious leader; He was Himself God. While some of the religious leaders lived their entire lives searching for the way, the truth, and the life, Jesus was unequivocal. He said "…I am the way, the truth, and the life…" (John 14:6).

In John 17:3-4 He said, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." This ought to be your thinking as well; glorifying the Father should be your life; that should be your passion. The Lord Jesus finished the works that God gave Him. On the Cross, He said, "It is finished" (John 19:30), before He gave up the ghost.

Have you discovered God’s purpose for your life? Do you know the specific purpose for your being? Are you at it? Will you finish it? Are you striving for the faith of the Gospel? What are you living for? Like Jesus, keep your focus on the purpose of the Father, which is the Gospel; so that at the end of time, you’ll be able to boldly declare like the Apostle Paul: "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7).

Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, I declare that I’m enlightened in my spirit to know and understand your will for my life, so as to fulfil my destiny in you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 26:16; 2 Timothy 4:7

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 10:24-48, Ezra 7-8

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 3:12-22 Deuteronomy 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER FOR YOUR COPY NOW!