TheBelieversLoveTheWord: RHAPSODY OF REALITIES: PROVE YOUR MINISTRY By Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen

Thursday 10 March 2016

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES: PROVE YOUR MINISTRY By Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen




THURSDAY,MARCH 10,2016.
 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry (2 Timothy 4:5). Did you notice that the Apostle Paul didn’t say God will make proof of your ministry? He also didn’t say you should pray to the Lord to prove your ministry; no! You’re the one to prove your ministry. Notice the underlined portion: “…do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.” This shows that it’s your responsibility. Many people live and never even begin what God chose them for, let alone complete it. They live and die without ever entering what God chose them to do in life.
Colossians 4:17 says, “And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.” Think about that! Paul writes to the Colossians and tells them to charge a certain brother in the church to pay attention to his God-given ministry, and fulfil it. If it were God’s responsibility to fulfil the man’s ministry, Paul probably would have said, “Tell Archipus not to worry, God will make sure he fulfils his ministry”; he didn’t say that; he made it clear it was Archippus’ responsibility, not only to take heed to the ministry that he had received of the Lord, but also to fulfil it. If many people realized how much responsibility they have as individuals, for their lives, and how their lives turn out, they’ll think differently. It’s your responsibility to fulfil your calling. It’s your responsibility to put what you’ve got to work. Don’t be intimidated by circumstances in your evangelical work. Refuse to fear, because in making full proof of your ministry, you’re to endure afflictions. Therefore, be bold and courageous always: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).


PRAYER:
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word today, helping me to discover my purpose for living. I’m set on the right path to fulfil my divine destiny in Christ! I’m walking in preordained pathways, for you’ve structured the course of events in my life, and I go on to fulfil my divine destiny, to the glory and praise of your Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Acts 20:22-24(NLV) "As you see, I am on my way to Jerusalem. The Holy Spirit makes me go. I do not know what will happen to me there. 23 But in every city I have been, the Holy Spirit tells me that trouble and chains will be waiting for me there. 24 But I am not worried about this. I do not think of my life as worth much, but I do want to finish the work the Lord Jesus gave me to do. My work is to preach the Good News of God's loving-favor. 2 Peter 1:10(NLV)Christian brothers, make sure you are among those He has chosen and called out for His own. As long as you do these things, you will never trip and fall.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:27-52;Num.27-28
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 26:12-23;Psalm 69-70

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER FOR YOUR COPY NOW!